Saturday 9 January 2016

My Instagram experience

Considering most of you will be reading this from the Instagram platform itself I won't ramble about it too much. But I'd like to talk more about how it benefits me and some funny facts.

I started my account as an additional one to my personal one to keep food seperate, it's so happened that I've pretty much neglected my personal account now because I incorporate my everyday life into "slimmingworldfromhome". I love it.

When I first started, you feel like a little lost soul. Nobody knows who you are, you've got no pals but it quickly transfers from 8 followers to 80 and then you break 100 and it feels amazing! But it's not just about followers. They just add to your confidence because you believe people are interested in what you post. The community on here is amazing. I've been lucky enough to only be trolled once, there are some bad experiences that I've witnessed but generally everybody is really lovely.

Some of my favourite things about it... It's motivating. People will always support you regardless of how shitty you're feeling. People care, genuinely care. You feel like it's your own little group of friends who are all fighting the fat together. You get eachother. You understand and can associate with these random people in your phone because you're all in the same boat.

I used to have my account open, but soon set it to private because I didn't want people involved from my private life that didn't understand what I wanted to achieve. I talk more to girls on here than I do some of my own friends.

You'll develop a clique. We all have our own little bundles of followers that we stalk and can relate to best. They like every photo you post, you've been their #wcw at least once and you can freely take the piss without them getting offended. It's great. Instagram friends.

You'll be addicted. Trust me (if you're not already), every time you post a pic... How many likes will it get? Ooh somebody has commented!! A new follower? Oooh I've been tagged in a photo or the holy grail a private message or a shout out!

You'll lose followers and won't understand why. I lose half the followers I gain. Some of them are SW people and I don't understand the reason when all I've posted is food. Oh well, the important ones will stay! Just shrug it off, it's not personal (hopefully).

You'll be conscious of what you post, dammit the plate looks messy. Or I've already taken too many selfies this week. The lighting isn't right, or the worst when you eat without remembering to take a picture. God forbid, the poor followers won't know what my dinner looked like tonight!

But as I said, it's not all about the followers. This account is for me as well, I like scrolling back and looking through. Especially when you've had a good loss one week and you clearly see what you have eaten. Or back to get recipe ideas, it's a food diary in pictures. Mixed with outfit posts, general everyday life, hillarious memes and other crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment