Saturday 2 January 2016

2015, a reflection.

Considering we're now into the new year I thought I'd take a look back at 2015. The ups, the downs and all the stuff in between. I'm quite clear that my journey isn't just about slimming world, it's about me and my life, ambitions and interests. So, what happened in 2015 for me?

It started with a holiday in January, something we normally do but lack of funds stopped us doing so this year, we spent 10 days in Lanzarote sunshine and it was amazing! Best way to spend January in my opinion! Although we had to hit bed before the new year turned because of an early morning flight. Well worth it though. Then one of my girls from the squad got married and I was bridesmaid, it was an amazing day and I felt sick to my stomach before walking down the aisle, I wish we could do it all again! February and March I don't remember much about! As per!

My slimming world journey was fairly straight, not really going up and down and just maintaining. I was doing well towards the last quarter of the year then slipped up big time at Christmas! I'm now suffering from a gain and a decent set of love handles. My lowest weight was 10 stone 13, but I didn't stay there for long. Hopefully this year I'll be comfortably into the 10's.

Personal achievements involved saying yes to more things. Pushing myself out my comfort zone. Doing things I'd normally not want to and they turned out to be great. I've now gained two more friends this year.

I cried a lot. I'd say I'm quite emotionally unstable. (I need to change my pill). I also had a lot of enjoyable moments but generally I'm not a "happy" person. People always tell me to smile, cheer up. How about piss off? I'm fine inside it just doesn't show.  I intend to try and be a happier person this year.

I met a lovely little lady, like a clone of me. We met through Instagram, we were pen pals for a while and then realised we had so much to talk about that whatssapp became our main source of communications. One thing led to another next thing we knew we were sharing a bed in a Manchester hotel! Brilliant weekend and look forward to many more. That was a good highlight of 2015.
She'll also be walking down the aisle with me when I get married!

I can't miss out the biggest life event.. The engagement! Wow! I've never cried so much, it was amazing. Super chuffed and can't wait to start planning the wedding. I'll be in my element! Lots of flowers, rustic, wood, burlap, hessian, green and maybe a nice golden doggy to be the ring bearer! We're hoping for 2017 but really depends on the venues and availability.

So, that just leaves me with resolutions for 2016. I don't like the word resolutions, so we'll use the term lightly. But what would I like to achieve? I'd like to buy a wedding dress, get a puppy, get my nails and hair done regularly, spend less money on clothes, lose a stone, see friends more often, grow the business, be a successful landlord, spend less time on Instagram and make the most of summer and not complain it's too hot. (Guilty)

I hope you'll stay with me for 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment