Friday 17 July 2015

A day in Portsmouth

So on Wednesday this week me and the other half spent the day in Portsmouth. We've been once before and managed to tie a day out in with a work trip (result.) I love being near the sea, something very British and calming about it. Naturally, we had to look round the shops. Being so close to the Gunwharf Quays outlet shops was perfect. The words shop and outlet are like a match made in heaven. We had a mooch round and made a few purchases (obviously).

French Connection had an amazing sale on, lots of samples but sadly so many of the items weren't priced so you had to either risk falling in love with a dress that turns out to be £60 or just browse through the items that actually had the price on. I chose the latter. I only ended up buying one item, the dress pictured on the left - it's a little short but I think it'll be great later on in the year with some tights or leggings. It was also a heavenly £10!

I also tried this orange dress on the right - but it was a little tight round the arms so ended up leaving it. But I loved the length, it was perfect for summer! (Any excuse for another dress) This one was only £15. It was from Great Plains so not sure why it was in the French Connection shop. But definitely worth heading in if you live locally or are visiting.

I also went in Cath Kidston, I'm not a massive fan girl like a lot of people. I'm not really into the whole 'shabby chic' thing but appreciate the designs. I always look at the clothes they have because they have some really quirky and unique designs. I spotted a lovely dress with a London Bus print on but questioned whether I'd actually wear it ... hence it didn't come home with me.

Last stop after a delicious lunch at Loch Fyne (yum) was the Nike shop. I never ever go in to sports shops - just putting it out there. However, I was keen to invest in a pair of trainers to wear for work rather than wearing flimsy sandals on a concrete floor all day (not good). So dragged my arse over to the footwear and spotted these pink beauties. Yes I'm a trainer convert!! I feel like I've been walking on air bubbles for the past few days and for a mere £26 they were an absolute bargain if I may say so myself.


I was also looking at the gym clothing (obviously not to actually buy, because me and exercise are not friends). But the stuff looks amazing, like seriously pretty and comfortable. I stood there staring at it like I knew what I was looking at (clearly not). Ten different types of trousers - slim, flared, capri, low rise, mid rise, stretch fit - seriously. You know when you feel like the shopping assistants are watching you thinking 'this girl has clearly never worked out in her life', haha. One day I'll exercise and wear pretty work out gear - all the gear but no idea. But not today, not tomorrow or this year in fact.


So, overall we a had a lovely day. Grabbed a few bargains and headed back home in the same day. Very tiresome when it's a near five hour round trip! I think I'm still catching up on sleep.

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment